Shih Tzu Cottage
Guarantee & Sales Contract
This contract is between ________________________________________, herein
after referred to as “Seller/Breeder” and__________________________________,
herein after referred to as “Buyer”. In consideration of payment in full of the
purchase price by Buyer to Seller, Seller agrees to transfer to Buyer, subject
to the terms and conditions contained in this contract, the ownership of one
___________ (sex) ___________________(breed) puppy, herein after referred to as
“Puppy”(regardless of age), from the mating of the sire and dam identified
Date Whelped: ______________________________Color: _________________
Sex: ___________________Litter registration #____________________________
Name of Registry: __________________________Type of Registration: Limited ________ Full ________
CONDITIONS OF SALE:
The Buyer understands that in the event that he/she is unable to keep this puppy, it can be returned to the Seller at ANY point in the puppy's life. Buyer also understands that in the event that the can no longer keep said puppy that first buy back option should be given to the Seller. If Seller is unable to buy the puppy back, Seller will help to find the puppy a suitable home. Seller must be notified of ANY change of ownership and must be given new owners name, address, and phone number.
Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES is the dog to be placed in a pet shop, animal shelter, or similar establishment.
1. A licensed veterinarian must check this puppy within 48 hours after the puppy is picked up. A copy of the vet exam must be sent to the Breeder within 2 weeks of receiving the puppy or this contract is null and void. NO EXCEPTIONS.
2. Breeder guarantees this puppy to be in good health at the time of pick up or delivery. The Seller will provide a vaccination record of the purchased puppy/dog. If the puppy/dog is due for vaccinations, and the Buyer(s) fails to provide vaccinations on that day, and the puppy contracts diseases that would otherwise be prevented by those vaccinations then this guarantee is null and void.
3. Seller does not guarantee against hypoglycemia or any other common health issues such as diarrhea, wormy stool, coccidiosis, ear mites, external parasites, cherry eyes, demodectic mange, and stress due to shipping or new environment.
4. The Seller shall not be responsible for any medical costs incidental to the puppy after Buyer(s) receives the puppy. Seller guarantees the above-described puppy to be healthy at the time of sale. Seller does not assume any liability for any injury to said puppy after the time of sale. If there is a problem with the puppy, Seller's Veterinarian and Buyer(s) Veterinarian must agree health reasons existed before time of purchase, provided the puppy has been properly cared for in Buyer(s) possessions.
5. If puppy dies with 24 hours of purchase, Buyer(s) must have a necropsy performed by a licensed Veterinarian at Buyer(s) expense to determine cause of death. If cause of death is due to problems existed before the time of purchase and after Seller's Veterinarian has examined the puppy, a replacement puppy is given. The replacement puppy will be of equal value. A replacement puppy will only take place if the above puppy has been properly cared for in Buyer(s) possession. No cash refund will be given and UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL A REPLACEMENT OF A PUPPY TAKE PLACE IF THE ABOVE CONDITIONS ARE NOT MET. If no puppy of equal value is available, the purchase price of the said puppy will be put toward the price of one that is available. Buyer will be responsible for the difference in the prices.
6. Seller is not responsible for immunity level, mites, pneumonia, mange, heatstroke, ringworm, conjunctivitis, fleas, ticks, and ear infections once puppy has left Sellers hands. Buyer is responsible for keeping their puppy away from contaminated areas, out of the heat and cold drafty places.
7. Minor health problems that can be cured by medication or surgery are not covered by ANY guarantee.
8. The Seller shall provide the registration certificates (individual) to the Buyer(s) for each puppy. If the certificates have not been received from the registries at the time of sale, the Seller will provide the Buyer evidence that the registrations have been applied for, and upon receipt from the registries, the Seller will forward the certificates to the respective Buyer(s).
9. If Buyer plans to show said puppy, there is no guarantee that the puppy will become a champion. If Buyer plans to breed said puppy, there is no guarantee about the puppy's fertility.
10. The Buyer(s) agrees to provide annual vet exams, including heart worm checks and preventatives, to do all vaccinations yearly, and keep the records. Failure to comply with and provide documentation of these requirements voids all guarantees. The Buyer(s) further warrants that the puppy will be kept in appropriate conditions for its health and welfare. Puppy will be fed a suitable diet for its age and condition. Puppy will receive regular booster vaccinations. Puppy will receive all necessary veterinary care to maintain its good health. Remember to keep your puppy clean.
11. I, as the seller, further guarantee your puppy for (1 Year) from the date of his or her birth against life threatening congenital defects meaning the puppy will die because of this defect. If within that time a life threatening congenital defect is found, seller will replace this puppy with another puppy of equal quality and sex. No money will be refunded. Also your puppy must have all needed vaccinations by a licensed veterinarian and currently be on heart worm preventative. In the unlikely event of your puppy's death in (1 Year), from the date of birth due to a life threatening congenital defects, a signed statement from a licensed veterinarian confirming such an event and an autopsy is required. Please note that under no circumstances will I the seller be responsible for veterinary or medical bills incurred. Autopsy must be paid by the (Buyer). If puppy dies within one year of birth then a necropsy must be performed by a DVM and results must be sent to the Seller in writing, before a replacement puppy will be considered...the results of the necropsy will determine whether a replacement puppy will be given. If no puppy of equal value is available, the purchase price of the said puppy will be put toward the price of one that is available. Buyer will be responsible for the difference in the prices.
12. No replacement for temperament is given, as this is environmental and the Buyer(s) responsibility. As responsible breeders expect that this puppy is properly socialized . As breeders we do everything possible to produce dogs of sound mind (temperament) and body. Some responsibility is the Buyer(s) as to proper feeding, exercise, socializing, and training, of which all have a bearing on the end results of a sound adult dog. Seller(s) are not responsible for any damage to property that the puppy might do at any given age.
This contract contains the entire agreement between the parties and no statement or verbal agreements made by either party that are not contained in this written contract shall be valid or binding. This contract may not be modified or altered except in writing and signed by both parties. Violations of this Contract will constitute a BREACH of CONTRACT, prosecutable by law, and may result in mandatory confiscation and return of the said puppy to the Seller. If for any reason there should be a dispute, all proceedings are to take place inside the St Clair County, Mi District
I have read and understand the stipulations of the Contract and voluntarily agree to all elements, stipulations, and provisions herein.
Buyer Signature: ___________________________________ Date: _____________
Phone Number:________________ Email Address:___________________________
Signature of Seller: __________________________________ Date: ____________